Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October is up and running

I'm headed back to the NJFA next week for a pistol clinic - and let's be frank, I need the help. If the goal is a three inch grouping at 25 yards, I've got some shootin' to do. After all, that kind of standard is being applied to today's top target shooters and law enforcement, and if I'm aiming for ultra realism on stage, I'd better get handier with a pistol. I mean, it can't hurt, anyway.

In other news, it turns out Neimah Djourabchi - musician, artist, longtime pal and co-actor in this weekend's upcoming Vampire Cowboys Saloon Series has got some wicked fun stuntwork under his belt. That's got to be a good gig - and a great way to learn more about the current state of fight choreography in film and TV. I'm hoping that if we can bring him into some classes on knife combat he'll help a guy like me slide into the world of fake bad-assedry. I don't know if bad-assedry is a real word, but I'm running with it.

Kind of funny how things can work out, isn't it?

More next week on how the latest episode of Crystal Skillman's "Hack" played out, and maybe a few pics showing the results of a few more hours under Cheif Dickerson's instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment