Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One quick note...

My home computer has died. After years of middling performance from a below average cut rate sale priced desktop, courtesy of Dell, I found myself in a similar situation to poor Strong Bad...

Oddly enough, I more or less got the blue screen of death, and while the words "Flagrant System Error, Computer Over Virus = Very Yes" didn't appear, my barely maintained virus protection didn't come through. I believe I was able to salvage some of my data. I snagged my iTunes library onto the portable hard drive purchased for just such an event, in any case so hopefully the damage is relatively limited.

Attempts to salvage the machine itself were... unsuccessful. Time of Death: 8:04 PM 9/14/09. Oddly enough, that's almost 4 years to the day when I first turned that bad boy on. So tonight, it's laptop shopping time. I'm not ready (emotionally and financially) to make the leap to Mac so it's back to PC land. I wonder if Dell is having a sale on laptops...

No comments:

Post a Comment